At this time, the 2020 AAPT Summer Meeting is scheduled to take place as planned from July 18 through 22, 2020 at the DeVos Place Convention Center. We realize there are many questions in light of COVID-19 as it relates to future AAPT events, particularly the upcoming 2020 AAPT Summer Meeting in Grand Rapids, MI. The health of attendees, presenters, exhibitors and staff is AAPT's top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation and are following the recommendations regarding safety and precautionary measures issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and provide updates as necessary. We invite you to register to attend, and anticipate registration opening by mid-April.
AAPT National Meetings
Members receive special pricing on registration and workshop fees at all AAPT national meetings. This is a unique opportunity to take part in a variety of events that are based on physics education and the principles that AAPT represents. Enjoy a variety of sessions and activities including internationally known physics speakers, committee meetings, awards, workshops on various facets of physics teaching, presentations, poster sessions, and most of all, over 1,000 physics teachers. AAPT also hosts a broad range of physics equipment suppliers, resources, and booksellers in our large exhibit hall.
Join The Conversation! Follow us at @AAPTHQ and use #AAPTSM20
Use the #AAPTSM20 hashtag to talk about the upcoming Summer AAPT meeting in Grand Rapids, MI.
- 2020 Summer Meeting, July 18-22 (Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids, Michigan)
- 2021 Winter Meeting, January 9-12 (Hilton Portland Downtown, Portland Oregon)
- 2021 Summer Meeting, July 31-August 4 (Grand Hyatt, Washington, D.C.)
- 2022 Winter Meeting, January 8-11 (Hilton New Orleans Riverside)
- 2024 Summer Meeting, July 6 - 10 (The Westin Boston Waterfront, Boston, Massachusetts)
- 2020 Winter Meeting, January 18-21 (Caribe Royale Hotel, Orlando, Florida)
- 2019 Summer Meeting, July 20-24 (Utah Valley Convention Center, Provo, Utah)
- 2019 Winter Meeting, January 12-15 (Westin Galleria Houston, Houston,Texas)
- 2018 Summer Meeting, July 28-August 1 (Renaissance WDC Downtown, Washington DC)
- Past Meeting Highlights and Program Guides
- Abstracts Archive of Past Meetings
- Podcasts & Recordings
How to get involved in AAPT National Meetings
- How to Organize a Session or Workshop
- Suggest Plenary Speakers
- How to Host a National Meeting - check-list for Universities and other potential hosts
Information for Area Chairs and Session/Workshop Organizers
Guidelines for Speakers, Poster and Demo Show Presenters
Information for Sponsors, Advertisers, and Exhibitors
Promote excellence in physics education through Corporate Partnerships - If you are seeking ways to increase your corporate visibility and impact the future of science education, there is no better or convenient opportunity than a sponsorship at an AAPT meeting. Please click here for more information.
Click here to download this document as a template to complete your own letter to your supervisor requesting support to attend AAPT's Physics Education Meetings.