AAPT is your Connection to the Physics Education Community
AAPT is the premier global professional society established to advance the greater good through physics education. With the support of our members worldwide, AAPT develops and promotes best practices for physics education through teachers who will inspire tomorrow's leaders and decision makers.
AAPT membership connects you with a world of physics educators working to enlighten society through excellence in K-20 physical science teaching. AAPT membership provides both tangible and intangible benefits, increasing the personal and professional value of your membership.
Your AAPT Membership includes access to:
- Online, peer reviewed professional journals dedicated to physics instruction: American Journal of Physics and The Physics Teacher, with the option to purchase print issues of both titles.
- Physics Today, a magazine providing information about current research and findings in physics. Special Interest Group discussion lists (e.g., advanced labs, high school, two-year college, apparatus, physics education research, science for the public).
- eMentoring, connecting high school physics educators who desire additional guidance with experienced high school physics educators.
- National meetings provide a forum for physics teachers at all levels to interact and improve the teaching of physics. Members enjoy reduced fees.
- Topical conferences and workshops, such as the New Physics and Astronomy Faculty Workshop, the Introductory Physics in the Life Sciences Workshop, Advanced Labs, and the Department Chairs Conference, offering instruction to improve your success as a physics teacher.
- AAPT's monthly e-newsletter, the eNNOUNCER, including the latest news directly to your email box.
- National and international networking.
Please tell us the name of the colleague who referred you as you complete your membership.