What Does the Task Force Plan to Do?
The Task Force efforts are grouped into five categories:
- Raise the consciousness of the physics community about the problems facing undergraduate physics and why solving those problems is crucial to the health of the physics profession.
- Develop a catalog of case studies (with analysis) of departments that have successfully improved their undergraduate physics programs.
- Coordinate and publicize efforts by individuals, departments, and professional organizations to improve undergraduate physics.
- Provide advice and ideas to professional organization, funding agencies, and the physics community about revitalizing undergraduate physics.
- Work with similar groups in other scientific and engineering disciplines to improve all aspects of undergraduate science, mathematics, engineering and technology education.