Workshop Presentations Archive
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (June 4-6)
- California Polytechnic, San Luis Obispo, CA (June 25-27)
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
June 18-20, 2009
- From Near Extinction to Modeled Excellence: The UW La Crosse Physics Program, Gubbi Sudharakaran, University of Wisconsin, La Crosse.
- The Deconstruction of Our Reconstruction, Marty Johnston, University of St. Thomas.
- SPIN-UP Report and Its Messages, Robert C. Hilborn, University of Texas at Dallas.
- The Role of PER in Building a Thriving Department: Viewing Learning through the Lens of Physics, Ken Heller, University of Minnesota.
- A Practical Guide for Diversifying Physics, Jesus Pando, DePaul University.
- The Future of the Human Race Is in the Hands of Undergraduates: What Physics Can Do for Sustainable Energy, J. Murray Gibson, Argonne National Laboratory.
- The Introductory Course: Innovations and Implications, Rebecca Trousil, Washington University in St. Louis.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
September 11-13, 2009
- The Importance of Diversity and Inclusiveness in Physics Departments, Willie S. Rockward, Ph.D., Director of the Micro/Nano Optics Research & Engineering (M.O.R.E.) Laboratory.
- The Role of Neutrinos in the Formation of Heavy Elements, Gail McLaughlin, North Carolina State University
- Strategic Programs for Innovations in Undergraduate Physics, Robert C. Hilborn, The University of Texas at Dallas
- Building and Strengthening Partnerships between Two Year Colleges and Four Year Institutions, Denise M. Wetli, Wake Technical Community College
- Physics and Astronomy, C. Steven Whisnant, James Madison University
- NC State Undergraduate Physics, John M. Blondin, North Carolina State University
- Undergraduate Physics at Hampton University, Doyle Temple and Jan Mangana, Hampton University
- Physics Education Research and the Transformation of Students into Physicists, Ruth Chabay, North Carolina State University