2018 AAPT Fellows Awards Announced
Contact: David Wolfe
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
College Park, Maryland, United States, February 25, 2018—The 2018 AAPT Fellows Awardees have been announced. The criterion for selection of Fellows is exceptional contribution to AAPT's mission, to enhance the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching. Fellowship is a distinct honor signifying recognition by one's professional peers. Any AAPT member who has maintained an active membership for at least 7 years is eligible for nomination for Fellowship. Nominations are evaluated by the AAPT Awards committee and approved by the AAPT Board of Directors.
The 2018 Fellows are:
- Bradley S. Ambrose, Grand Valley State University, Allendale MI
- Kathleen Ann Falconer, Buffalo State College, Buffalo NY
- Dan MacIsaac, Buffalo State College, Buffalo NY
- Jitendra B. Sharma, Univ. of North Georgia-Gainesville, Oakwood GA
- Gay B. Stewart, West Virginia University, Morgantown WV
- John C. Stewart, West Virginia University, Morgantown WV
AAPT is an international organization for physics educators, physicists, and industrial scientists—with members worldwide. Dedicated to enhancing the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching, AAPT provides awards, publications, and programs that encourage teaching practical application of physics principles, support continuing professional development, and reward excellence in physics education. AAPT was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in the American Center for Physics in College Park, Maryland.