2020 AAPT Summer Fellows
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
College Park, Maryland, United States, July 10, 2020—The 2020 AAPT Fellows Awardee has been announced. The criterion for selection of Fellows is exceptional contribution to AAPT's mission, to enhance the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching. Fellowship is a distinct honor signifying recognition by one's professional peers. Any AAPT member who has maintained an active membership for at least 7 years is eligible for nomination for Fellowship. Nominations are evaluated by the AAPT Awards committee and approved by the AAPT Board of Directors.
The 2020 Summer Fellow is:
- Jose D'Arruda, University of North Carolina Pembroke, Pembroke, NC
AAPT is an international organization for physics educators, physicists, and industrial scientists—with members worldwide. Dedicated to enhancing the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching, AAPT provides awards, publications, and programs that encourage teaching practical application of physics principles, support continuing professional development, and reward excellence in physics education. AAPT was founded in 1930 and is headquartered in the American Center for Physics in College Park, Maryland.
For more information: Contact David Wolfe, Director of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, (301)209-3322, (301)209-0845 (Fax)
- July 26, 2021 - 2021 International Physics Olympiad
- July 1, 2021 - Warren Hein - Obituary
- May 12, 2021 - Helen Czerski Named Recipient of the 2021 Klopsteg Memorial Lecture Award
- March 17, 2021 - AAPT 2020 Barbara Lotze Scholarship Winners Announced
- March 16, 2021 - 2021 AAPT Summer Fellows Announced