Abstract Submissions are Closed
- Click here to read the "Call for Papers" for contributed and poster sessions
- Click here for instructions on "How to Submit an Abstract
- Please note all presentations will be live and not pre-recorded as previous AAPT virtual meeting. Poster presentations will be handled like contributed talks, therefore presenters will be given 8 minute talks with 2 minutes for Q&A.
AAPT Abstract Guidelines
- Who may submit an abstract — The privilege of contributing papers is restricted to AAPT members in good standing; Nonmembers whose completed Membership application and dues payment are submitted before the appropriate deadline; Nonmembers whose abstracts are sponsored by members. These abstracts must include a footnote with the statement: "Sponsored by (member's name)."
- Payment — There is no fee for abstract submissions.
- Meeting Registration— A minimum of one-day meeting registration is required for all contributed speaker/poster presenters. Invited speaker/poster presenters will receive detailed instructions, regarding registration in their invitational letter.
- Time — Invited papers are given 25 minutes with 5 minutes for discussion. Contributed papers are 8 minutes in duration with 2 minutes for discussion (this time may be adjusted for virtual meetings). Discussion is often vital to work presented, and these times will be strictly adhered to.
- Multiple papers — Any presenter may give a maximum of one invited talk (including panel participation) and one oral contributed talk at each meeting. All other papers need to be presented in a poster format for which there is a four poster per meeting limit. While presenting a poster to expand upon the content of an oral presentation is encouraged, if this is done, the oral presentation must be complete enough to stand on its own.
- Length of Abstracts — Abstracts, including footnotes, must be 150 words or less.
- General poster session — Authors may present any paper for the Winter or Summer meeting in poster format rather than the usual speaking format. If you wish to present a poster paper, under "Session Type," check "Poster."
- Acceptance/Scheduling — You will not be notified of of your acceptance. Please check the AAPT website, approximately three months before the meeting for the scheduled date and time of your presentation.
- Code of Conduct — All abstracts will be accepted, however your abstract will be withdrawn from the program if it violates AAPT's Code of Coduct.
- Copyright/Permission — By submitting an abstract you hereby verify that you either have the copyright and/or the permission to use the content, that is, photos, graphics, or other content, in your presentation.
- Policy — In accordance with the AAPT Constitution and policy, authors are requested to be sensitive to, and show respect for, ethnic, cultural, religious, and gender diversity. For example, you should not use language that suggests that physicists are exclusively male. Additionally, AAPT's official measurement system is the International System of Units (SI). We recommend that our members and those writing for our publications make every effort to use the SI system exclusively.