Marles Lee (Mac) McCurdy
Marles Lee (Mac) McCurdy - Obituary
Dr. Marles Lee “Mac” McCurdy, of Fort Worth, TX, passed away on January 19, 2022 at the age of 72. Mac was born on May 7, 1949 in West Frankfort, Illinois to Clifton Earl and Irene McCurdy. Mac served in the United States Air Force and was stationed in Wichita Falls, TX where he met and married the love of his life, Sandra Kilpatrick in 1970. They were married for 51 years. Mac was a devoted husband, a loving father, and a very proud grandfather and great-grandfather.
Mac completed his Bachelor’s degree at Midwestern State University and then went on to finish his Masters and PhD at The University of North Texas. He devoted his life to education and was a Professor of Physics and Astronomy at Tarrant County College for over 38 years. Mac was a major influence in the use of computers in the two-year college instructional physics laboratory. Mac’s passion for education included many donations over the years to various science programs and scholarships in order to help countless kids develop the same love of science that he had.
Of all his incredible achievements, none compared to the love he had for his family. His wife, children and grandchildren were the center of his world and were his proudest accomplishments. He was present at every birthday, performance, graduation, and major event, beaming with pride over the ones who held his heart.
Jack G. Hehn
AAPT Senior Fellow
- November 27, 2023 - WM24 Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT to be Awarded to Anthony Mwene Musumba
- November 22, 2023 - WM24 Dodge Citation Goes to Juan Burciaga
- November 13, 2023 - Jennifer Blue Named as Recipient of the 2024 Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT
- November 13, 2023 - Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT to be Awarded to Tatiana Erukhimova
- November 13, 2023 - Smith College Earns Bronze Award from Physics and Astronomy SEA Change Program