Section Meetings Canceled
Spring Section Meetings Canceled
Spring Section Meetings have been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Statement from Jeremy Secaur: In late 2019 I emailed to tell you that the spring OSAAPT meeting was to be held in conjunction with OSAPS at John Carroll University on April 4. I regret to tell you that the meeting is currently not going to go on as planned for April 4 due to JCU closing campus due to the novel coronavirus COVID-19. The OSAAPT board is currently considering our options for rescheduling or possibly canceling. We will keep you posted as we determine the best course of action.
Statement from Alex Barr: Due to growing concerns and school closures related to the Coronavirus, we have decided to cancel the March 21st Chesapeake AAPT Conference at Radford University. We decided to cancel rather than postpone the conference because we do not know how long these precautions will be in place. Radford University will host our Fall 2020 conference at a date to be determined and I hope you will all consider attending and presenting your work at that time.
Statement from Brian Pyper: After consulting about the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic and in light of the CDC recommendations released today, we regret to have to announce the cancellation of the spring 2020 AAPT Idaho-Utah Section Meeting, previously scheduled for April 17-18 at Boise State University. In addition to the concerns about curtailing social interactions with the potential to spread the disease further, Boise State University announced the cessation of face to face classes this past week, meaning the support staff necessary to carry on with the meeting would have been absent.
Michigan Section Meeting has been postponed to a later date.
North Carolina Section Meeting has been canceled.
New Jersey Section Meeting has been canceled.
Minnesota Section - Spring Meeting has been canceled.
- April 22, 2020 - Beth Parks to be Next Editor of the American Journal of Physics
- April 16, 2020 - Carl Curtis Duzen - Obituary
- April 8, 2020 - Douglas Brown will be Recognized as a 2020 Recipient of the Homer L. Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT
- April 8, 2020 - Dan Burns will be Recognized as a 2020 Recipient of the Homer L. Dodge Citation for Distinguished Service to AAPT
- April 8, 2020 - Deborah Mason-McCaffrey Receives the AAPT 2020 David Halliday and Robert Resnick Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Physics Teaching