Did you know?
In 1919 a Minneapolis factory turned out the nations first armored cars. — www.50states.com
Special Discount Available if You are a High School Physics Teacher Who Has Never Attended a National AAPT Meeting
Click here to Download the Registration Form
We have prepared for you a special reduced registration rate on Monday, July 28, at the American Association of Physics Teachers 2014 Summer Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Attend a special luncheon where you will learn more about resources available through AAPT that can help you improve student learning of physics including:
° Journals: The Physics Teacher & American Journal of Physics
° ComPADRE digital library of free online resources
° Physics Teaching Resource Agents (PTRA)
° High School Physics Teacher Grant
° Contests: Physics Olympiad, Physics Bowl, & Photo Contest
- ° High School TopicsAttend sessions related specifically to high school physics.
° Physics of Phun
° YouTube Share-A-Thon
° Using Games to Teach Physics
- Visit the vendor exhibit area to see the latest lab/demo equipment and textbooks.
- Attend the meeting of the Committee on Physics in High Schools.
- Develop professional relationships with physics teacher colleagues.
High school physics teachers who have never attended a national AAPT meeting will receive a special registration fee of $85, which is much less than the usual early bird one-day registration fee of $245 for AAPT members and $460 for non-members. We are offering this special registration fee, because we want to encourage you to sample what AAPT has to offer high school physics teachers. We are confident that once you see what AAPT has to offer, you will become an active AAPT member.
Find out more and become a part of SM2014 on: Facebook| Twitter
Some photos courtesy of minneapolis.org