Physics First Resources
Below you will find a list of resources, links, and information related to Physics First teaching. If you have a suggestion or would like to provide additional content, please tell us about it.
- Physics First? by Leon Lederman, The Physics Teacher, Vol 43, p 6
- Squaring the Circle: A Mathematically Rigorous Physics First by Robert Goodman and Eugenia Etkina, The Physics Teacher, Vol 46, p 222.
- The Numbers Speak: Physics First Supports Math Performance by Howard M. Glasser, The Physics Teacher, Vol 50, p 53.
Partners & Links
- Physics First Topics & Units from The Physics Front (a ComPADRE collection)
- Pacific Union Mathematics (PUM) is a set of physics/physical science curriculum modules that help students learn physics through practicing it.
- Observations First: A Ninth Grade Physics Teacher's Thoughts
Downloadable materials: Guides, Pamphlets & Tests
- Physics First Pamphlet
- Active Physics Final Exam- submitted by John Roeder at The Calhoun School
- Physical Science Test
- Millikan Lecture 2009: Physics for all: From special needs to Olympiads by Arthur Eisenkraft, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Physics First? Survey First by Boris Korsunsky and Ozymandias Agar,The Physics Teacher, January 2008