Please think of the virtual AAPT SM21as a ‘flipped classroom’ conference. This means pre-recorded video presentations are pre-released, so that attendees, speakers and moderators can review contributed and invited conference content before the conference. During preview time, attendees can chat questions directly to the presenter and be ready to engage in discussion during the Q/A sessions.
Click here for information on accessing the meeting
Click here to view moderator/speaker training video
Tips for Moderators
- All presentations are already uploaded and available for asynchronous watching.
- We kindly ask all moderators to watch the videos and come to the sessions prepared.
- Each video has a Q&A Box. It is expected that some questions will be asked even before the event starts. We recommend session chairs to check the respective videos of their session before the start and note (copy) the questions to have them ready for the live session. It may also be good to create some questions of your own in case you need to fill time during the live session.
- You need to be the time keeper and moderator and give each presenter approximately equal amount of time for their Q&A
When the session starts:
- Moderators should welcome the speakers and attendees
- Moderators ask each presenter to give a 2-3 minute summary of their paper. Note that this is done WITHOUT SLIDES OR VISUAL AIDS.
- Moderators then start asking questions to the presenter. Questions can come directly from the moderator, from other speakers in the group and from attendees that are watching (by text and by video chat).
- The Session Host/Moderator should check to see if there are pre-populated questions in the chat boxes of the presenters.
- At the end of the session moderators should thank the attendees and speakers and conclude the session.