Grants applications are no longer being accepted for the Summer Meeting.
AAPT Travel Grants
AAPT has set aside funds to help members of the physics education community defray the cost to attend the AAPT 2023 Summer Meeting (SM23).
Travel Grant Eligibility
- AAPT professional and student members who are registered for the SM23 are eligible for grants.
- The National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) and National Society of Hispanic Physicists (NSHP) members are eligible for travel grants with consideration given to AAPT members. Applicants must be registered to be considered for an award.
The Deadline to submit an application is May 31, 2023. Previous grant recipients are eligible to reapply.
What do you get from these grants?
If selected, awardees may receive a grant of up to $500 to support travel to the AAPT 2023 Summer Meeting.
Who should apply?
- Either professional or student members of AAPT or members of NSHP or NSBP.
- We strongly encourage applicants with marginalized identities (e.g., ethnic/racial and gender minorities)!
- We will prioritize students who will not be reimbursed from their institutions for their participation at SM23. Professional and student members with externally funded travel are not eligible for these awards.
- Other prioritized groups are K-12 teachers, early career faculty, and faculty from Two-Year Colleges
Please note that applicants are eligible to apply for this grant even if they have previously received one of these grants. The Special Projects and Philanthropy Committee will review the applications.
Deadline: May 31, 2023