2022 AAPT Summer Meeting Registration and Dependent Care Grants
AAPT has set aside funds to help members of the physics education community defray the cost to attend the 2022 AAPT Summer Meeting (SM22). Two types of grants are available:
Registration Grants to be Applied to the Registration Fee
- AAPT professional and student members who are registered for the SM22 are eligible for grants. Professional members would receive $50 grants and students will receive $29 grants.
- The National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) and National Society of Hispanic Physicists (NSHP) members are eligible for diversity registration grants with consideration given to AAPT members.
- A portion of the funds will be given to high school and two year college faculty who are from underrepresented groups and/or from institutions whose students are predominantly underrepresented. (For information about racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in our discipline, see the bottom of this webpage.)
Dependent Care Grants
A small number of $50 grants will be available to presenters for dependent care. These individual must be giving a presentation in order to be eligible.
The Deadline to submit an application is June 9, 2022. Previous grant recipients are eligible to reapply.
Preference will be given to applicants who explain clearly why a grant is necessary. In the event that the number of requests for grants exceed the funding available, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers and to those whose participation in the meeting is critical to their professional development. A credit of $29 for students receiving registration grants and $50 for professional members receiving registration grants or dependent care grants will be applied to grant recipients’ credit card.
What do you get from these grants?
- If selected, professional members may receive a reimbursement of $50.
- For students, you may receive a reimbursement of $29. This is the full registration cost for students.
Who is eligible?
- We strongly encourage applicants with marginalized identities (e.g., ethnic/racial and gender minorities)!
- We also will prioritize students who will not be reimbursed for their participation from their institutions. Students with externally funded registration are not eligible for these awards.
- Other prioritized groups are high school teachers, early career faculty, and faculty from two-year colleges